We are so grateful to serve you through this unusual time. Here’s an update from our shelves: The deli is still stocked. We also have milk, eggs, bread and fresh garden lettuce. More flour and oatmeal are coming in Wednesday. We plan to be open 8-5:30 week days and 8-4 Saturday unless the government makes other recommendations.
Check out our display of “Just Add Water” items. Pancake, Biscuit, Sugar Cookie, and Brownie Mixes. Soup Mixes, Dried Veggies, Gluten Free Cheezy Mac and Spicy Quinoa Mixes.
We’re ready for Spring! Are you? Gobble down or give away Chocolate Eggs, Gummi Carrots, Frosted Springy Pretzels, Jelly Beans and Sprinkles.
In this past week, one of my best moments video chatting with a friend while munching on popcorn. What was one of your best moments? I’d love to hear.
LATEST & GREATEST: HOMEMADE FROZEN MEALS
Bacon Quiche | Pizza Casserole | Chicken & Rice | Beef Stroganoff | Lasagna | Tator Tot Bake | Sausage & Egg – Just thaw and bake!
LATEST & GREATEST: NEW KOMBUCHA FLAVOR
Now selling “Love” 😉 Not the warm fuzzy feeling in your heart, but the cold fizzy feeling in your throat. I love this combo of Jasmine and Lavender.
Cheese Tasting Day!
Saturday, March 28
What a yummy fun day! Sample over 25 cheeses!
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for 2 weeks – until April 7th
normally $5.69 – now $4.69
normally $5.39 – now $4.39
Swiss ‘N Rye
normally $5.39 – now $4.39
Ever So Sticky Toffee Pudding
60 minutes |12 servings
Don’t be scared off by the dates. From one of my favorite cooks – Susan Branch. Drown cake in sauce. Pass a pitcher of sauce when serving to drizzle a little more. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 c. pitted dates, roughly chopped*
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1 tsp. baking soda*
- 1/4 c. butter, softened*
- 1 c. sugar*
- 2 eggs*
- 1 tsp. vanilla*
- 1 1/2 c. flour*
- 1 tsp. baking powder*
- 1 tsp. cinnamon*
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves*
- 1 c. butter*
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. packed brown sugar*
- 3/4 c. pecans, chopped, optional*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a Bundt pan or 9 x 13 baking pan, depending on whether you want slices or squares.
- Put dates in a bowl, pour boiling water over, stir in baking soda, and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- In another bowl, measure flour, add baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves; whisk to combine.
- Alternately, add flour mixture and date mixture (including liquid) to egg mixture.
- Mix well and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes in Bundt pan; 20-25 minutes in baking pan until tester comes out clean. Remove cake from bundt pan while still warm.
- Toffee Sauce: Melt butter in pan; stir in heavy cream and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring continually. Reduce to a simmer and stir for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.