NEW! Espresso Decaf Coffee
There’s a lot of talk out there on both CBD and Copaiba oils. Today I’m going to share what they are, what they do and how they can benefit you.
While indeed they have some similar effects Copaiba and CBD are different. They are extracted from different sources and produced differently; they also have an entirely different set of benefits too! However, they both have their own special place in alternative medicines.
Beta-Caryophyllene (BCP) is the sought after compound that offers therapeutic benefits and brings the body into homostatis. Both CBD oil and Copaiba contain BCP.
CBD, or CannaBiDiol, is a naturally occurring component of the cannabis and hemp plants. CBD oil contains only trace amounts of THC (the part of the plant that makes you feel high), so it does not make you high. Benefits include pain relief, calming the nervous system, helping with healthy cells and neurological issues. It can be effective with healthy blood sugar levels and promoting cardiovascular health.
Copaiba is a strong antioxidant, promotes healthy cellular function, immune function, circulatory health, and gastrointestinal tract and colon health. It may help keep the mouth, teeth, and gums clean and healthy looking. Applied topically it may help keep the skin clean and clear while helping to reduce the appearance of blemishes. It may also help uterine health and ease menstruation.
All that said, here’s a few more highlights:
- comes from either hemp or marijuana
- tends to interact with pharmaceutical drugs
- is an essential oil from South American trees
- won’t show up in a drug test
- is less expensive than CBD
- is 100% pure (doTERRA brand)
- only requires a 1-2 drops at a time to be effective
doTERRA Copaiba is available at The Country Cupboard for $46.99. That’s just 17¢ a drop/dose. I love it for pain, for immune support, keeping my cells healthy and bringing my body to a balanced state.
*Read more about CBD and Copaiba here.
*Also, learn more about CBD and Copaiba on Sat, Jan 25 at A Healthier You (see details below.)
LATEST & GREATEST: DECAF ESPRESSO COFFEE
Espresso Decaf joins our other decaf coffees: Southern Pecan, Sugar Cookie, SnickerDoodle, Caramel Crème, Vanilla Macadamia Nut, and Café Blend
LATEST & GREATEST: ONGUARD SOFT GELS
Avoid the pukes or respiratory sicknesses with these powerful little capsules that boost the immune system. Already sick? They’ll help you get better faster. $32.99
A Healthier You
Saturday, January 25 8-4
*Low carb, low sugar/sugar free foods
*Low carb & sugar free treats
*Those who just want to learn
*Allergy friendly diets
*No sugar diets
Talk to a natural health coach about YOU!
More information to come!
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for 2 weeks – until January 28th
Off the Bone Ham
normally $5.99 – now $4.99
normally $5.89 – now $4.89
Hot Pepper Cheese
normally $5.69 – now $4.69
Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, and Banana Pancakes
Total time: 30 minutes|6 servings
Pancakes are such comfort food to me! Filled with whole grains, these freeze well. Make a double batch for an easier breakfast later.
- 1 heaping cup oat flour or 1 cup rolled oats, ground into flour with blender*
- 1 cup whole wheat flour*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar*
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
- 1 egg*
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 1 banana, mashed
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Whisk together the oat flour, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
**You may also substitute 3/4 c. of applesauce for the banana. Add 1t. cinnamon and 1/4t. nutmeg for more flavor.
**If you are watching sugar, you may omit it and add a pinch of stevia, if desired