Try Our New Year's Eve Dip Recipe
If you spend time around kids (or even big people), you’ll see the trend of hesitation when something new is in front of them.
As they look at it (in this case, let’s talk about a new food), you can read their thoughts. Should I try this or not? What will happen? Will it be terrible?
Then there’s the moment of bravery. Crunch. Crunch. Or maybe it’s slurp, slurp. And another moment – this one of discovery – I do like this! In fact, I love this! I’m so glad I tried it.
And like all things, we use experiences to build on for the future. One good moment of bravery leads to the next one.
As we close out 2019, what new thing did you try this year?
For us at The Country Cupboard, here’s our list of “I do like this” foods:
Corn Chips with Flax
Creamy Caramel Cappuccino
Cheesy Snack Chips
Sweet & Spicy Meat Sticks
PIT Smoked Sausage
LATEST & GREATEST: VERSE OF THE DAY CALENDAR
Awesome gift idea. $14.99
LATEST & GREATEST: SESAME STICKS
Honey Roasted, Plain, Cheddar, “Everything”, and Honey Mustard & Onion. Great for salads, snacking and snack mixes.
Immune Booster for Kids
NEW! Elderberry syrup is a sweet liquid form of elderberry that is easy and convenient for kids to use.
Integrative Therapeutics Elderberry Syrup is a great tasting, natural berry with a high potency extract. Take daily to maintain strong immunity! $19.99
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for 2 weeks – until Jan 1
normally $4.29 – now $3.29
normally $5.69 – now $4.69
normally $5.89 – now $4.89
Outrageous Warm Chicken Nacho Dip
Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 1 hr 35 minutes|36 servings
The perfect comforting dip for New Year’s events.
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 pound each American & Sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 can of cooked chicken, or 2 large cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Tortilla chips
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Place the diced tomatoes, processed cheese, chicken meat, sour cream, green onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno pepper into a slow cooker.
- Cook on High, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot, 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in the black beans, and cook 15 more minutes to reheat.
- Serve with tortilla chips.