I’m sure you’ve heard the term “shop local”. What does that mean? Help out the people you know stay in business?
Did you know 1% of sales tax goes back into our community for streets, parks, and beautification? Another 1% goes to our schools! So that means is when you shop on Amazon, no money stays local. When you go to the big city, the money goes there.
So how can you help? Shop in town! Buy your gas in town! Bring visitors to town! Tell others to do the same!
The Fairbury Specialty Shoppes and other local businesses work hard to support one another and to supply what you need. We care about our local community! Join us today!
LATEST & GREATEST: SAVORY DIPS
Choose from Southwest, Bacon ‘n Horseradish, Ranch, Hot Pepper, Garlic ‘n Herb.
LATEST & GREATEST: HONEY MUSTARD PRETZELS
Great for summer travels!
Mrs. Wages Mixes
Make canning easier.
*Mild, Medium or Hot Salsa
*Bread & Butter Pickles
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for 3 weeks – until July 31st
normally $6.59 – now $5.59
normally $6.29 – now $5.29
Lacey Baby Swiss
normally $6.49 – now $5.49
Lemon-Buttermilk Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
20 min prep, 90 minutes total | 12 servings
There’s nothing so refreshing as lemon! This cake holds up well in the heat so it’s great for picnics and cookouts.
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar*
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened*
- 4 eggs*
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract*
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar*
- 1/4 cup lemon juice*
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened*
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a fluted tube pan.
- Beat white sugar and 1 1/2 cups butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating each egg into the butter mixture before adding the next.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture; mix well. Pour in 1/2 the buttermilk and beat until combined. Repeat adding the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk, beating well after each addition, and ending with the flour mixture. Stir lemon extract into batter. Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cake platter or plate.
- Beat confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter, and lemon zest together in a bowl until glaze is smooth. Pour about half the glaze over the cake; let cool. Pour remaining glaze over the cake.