See Who and What....
Is there a maximum amount of times a day to say thank you? Or maybe it’s better said, is “thank you” enough to convey the message of your heart?
I don’t know the answer to those questions, but what I do know is we’re grateful for your support these past 6 years. Thanks for coming out to the Summer Sundae Social.
The sundae topping favorites were 12 Flavor Gummi Bears, Mint Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Buckeyes. Make your own amazing sundaes with these and more choices this summer!
The 6 Better ButterBraids went to the following winners:
If you missed the samples, you can purchase your own pastry. Choose from Plain, Red Raspberry and Cream Cheese. We heard nothing but raving remarks all weekend!
LATEST & GREATEST: FLAVORED MAYO
Choose from: Toasted Garlic, Smoky Bacon or Kickin’ Buffalo
LATEST & GREATEST:PICKLED BABY BEETS
Always a favorite, especially for summer.
Make Your Own Natural First Aid Kit
Golden Salve-A tiny jar of WONDERS! This is my go to for any cuts, scrapes, bumps, painful, irritated or damaged skin. It soothes swelling and pain and speeds up repair time. $30.39
Activated Charcoal– Absorbs irritants in the digestive tract. Perfect for loose stools, poisoning or spider bites. Apply an open capsule mixed with Correct X or Silver Shield Gel for bites. $31.55
Terrashield– Non-toxic, effective and vanilla scented bug repellent. Small and easy to carry and apply! $13.99
OnGuard Softgels– Great for those unexpected immune challenges! $34.67
Echinacea/Golden Seal– Boosts immunity and is especially good for sniffles and respiratory threats. $32.25
Natural Magnesium Calm– Powdered magnesium. Perfect for adding to water or juice to keep bowels moving, support stress and restful sleep. $30.99
Essential Oil Key chain ($8.49)
with the following oils:
Peppermint-Keeps you alert when driving (add to water or car diffuser), soothes digestion and cools.
Ginger-Soothes upset stomach in the car, plane or boat
Balance-Supports body with stress, soothes mood and calms emotions.
Deep Blue- Apply to sore muscles and joints
Serenity- Promotes restful sleep
Lavender-Soothes irritated skin and calms mood
Frankincense-Supports healthy inflammation, nervous system and works for any situation
Melaleuca- Apply to bites and stings and cleans broken skin
Hand Sanitizer– Alcohol free with OnGuard to gently ward off germs and strengthen your immunity. $2.59
Breathe Stick– Convenience of Breathe in a stick. Easy and simple to apply! $11.33
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for two weeks – until June 25th
normally $5.69 – now $4.69
normally $5.89 – now $4.89
Smoked Hot Pepper
normally $6.19 – now $5.19
45 minutes |6 servings
Sweet and savory mixed together for a special breakfast for Dad.
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup cornmeal*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder*
- 3/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1 pinch ground black pepper*
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper*
- 1 1/3 cups milk*
- 2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated*
- 2 large eggs, beaten*
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted*
- 1 tablespoon white sugar*
- 1 cup warm maple syrup, or to taste*
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, or to taste*
- 1 teaspoon oil*
- 1 teaspoon butter*
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; remove from heat. Stir green onions into bacon and saute in hot fat until slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer bacon mixture to a strainer to drain, retaining drippings.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Add drained bacon mixture, milk, Cheddar cheese, eggs, melted butter, and sugar to flour mixture; whisk until batter is smooth. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine maple syrup and chipotle chile powder together in a small bowl; whisk until chile powder is completely dissolved.
- Heat 1 teaspoon bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1 teaspoon butter on a griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4-cupful onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Transfer pancakes to plate and top with maple syrup.