Summer! Hello fast-paced full days. Good-bye hibernation and comfort food. It’s time for quick, easy, light meals. And we’re here to help!
Introducing our Better Butter Braid. This light, flaky, amazing tasting pastry will make summer mornings easier. It’s my mom’s specialty. It always disappears quickly at any gathering and people beg her to make it. Taste this amazing pastry at our Summer Sundae Social.
Vegenaise (soy and egg free mayo) – Great for easy Chicken, Ham, or Turkey Salads. Use it for Potato or Pasta Salad. Add to dips or make a creamy salad dressing!
Great tasting deli meat! Ask for a sample!
Satisfy the sweet tooth with this melt-in-your-mouth fudge!
IT’S COMING SOON! Summer Sundae Social
Fri & Sat June 7 & 8
On the Lawn or Under the Tent:
*Eat: 50¢ Sundaes with Unlimited Toppings
*Fresh, Personal Paninis – any time – $4.50 sandwich only, $6 meal
*Play: Bounce House, Outdoor Games and Playground Fun
*10% of Furniture and Play Sets
Off the Bone Ham $2.99 50% off
Tavern Smoked Turkey $4.79
Hard Salami $3.99
American $2.49 50% off
Baby Swiss $3.99
Green Onion $3.99
*Store Sales (all week)
BOGO 50% off Sweet Dip Mixes and Snack Mixes
*Taste Sweet Dips and New Better Butter Braid Pastry
*Free Popcorn and Drinks
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for two weeks – until June 11th
normally $5.09 – now $4.09
normally $6.59 – now $5.59
normally $5.89 – now $4.89
Scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake
55 minutes | 12 servings
Mom used to make just this for our evening meal in the summers. We loaded up our cake with strawberries, dumped on the milk and inhaled! Yum!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup white sugar*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder*
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar*
- 1 cup butter*
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten*
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar*
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and cream of tartar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in cream and egg. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Press into a half-inch thick sheet. Cut into squares. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar over sliced berries.
- Let shortcakes cool before splitting and filling with sugared berries.