Don't Miss the Savings, Sips or Samples! Friday & Saturday
What are some of the most common questions I am asked?
Let’s start with my favorite items. (By the way, everyone likes to express their opinion. So if you are looking for conversation, asking about a favorite is a good question.)
What is your Favorite Cheese?
Hmmm. Natural Swiss or Blueberry Cheddar.
Favorite Sesame Stick?
Hands down, Honey Roasted
Sugar Cookie Decaf
Balance! (the Grounding blend) Less roller coaster moments and more joy in the journey.
Stop by to see our display of Your Favorites!
Outdoor Furniture & Play Sets
No extra cost for custom. Choose any style and color. Turnaround time is 3 weeks for furniture, 4 weeks for play sets. Furniture comes assembled; play sets do too (within 40 miles).
A favorite! Skip the gum! Chew chocolate instead!
A little bite of sweet vanilla happiness.
Win an End Table!
Rockin’ on the Lawn
Friday & Saturday, May 10 & 11
Come on out and enjoy snacks, drinks, and the sunshine.Play on the Play Sets or sit on the Lawn Furniture. It’s a great time to enjoy friends, family and doing a little relaxing!
*Vote and win a free end table ($90 value).
*Save 10% when you purchase any furniture piece OR play set:
Gift Baskets – Make Your Own or Choose from Our Themes: Pamper Mom or Sweet Treats for Mom (both $40)
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for two weeks – until May 14th
Off the Bone Ham
normally $5.99 – now $4.99
Colby Swiss Swirl
normally $5.79 – now $4.79
normally $4.89 – now $3.89
Rhubarb and Strawberry Coffee Cake
prep 50 min, bake 50 min | 12 servings
Oh Yum! This is a great spring time brunch option. Serve it for Mother’s Day with quiche and fresh fruit.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment; grease parchment. In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar; stir in strawberries, rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Stir baking powder, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream and vanilla until blended; gently stir into flour mixture (do not overmix).
- Spread batter onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Spread filling over crust, leaving a 1/2-in. border around edge of pan. Spoon strawberry mixture over top; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool completely. Remove rim from pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freezer option: Securely wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw in refrigerator.