Gift Idea #3 - Inspirational Verse a Day Calendars
There’s still time to pick up a gift bag or box, order a deli tray, grab some Christmas candy or get a plate of homemade Christmas cookies. We’re a great spot for the ‘hard-to-buy-for’ person.
Kids are, of course, always excited about what they are going to get for Christmas. It’s even more exciting (at least to me) when I see them shopping for their siblings or parents. How thoughtful! We have gifts that even piggy banks can afford!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas:
Deodorant (believe it or not – it’s an exciting item here)
Facial Cream – have a wonderful feeling face after washing
Stocking Sized Candy – it’s going fast…so hurry
Organic Lip Balm – Peppermint, Crisp Mint, Gingersnap, Fresh Bouquet, and California Cast
We will you a very blessed & merry Christmas! We will be closing at 2 on Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve and will be closed on Christmas & New Year’s Day.
Plan ahead for New Year’s: We’re the Snack Headquarters and have Corned Beef back in the deli.
LATEST & GREATEST: CHRISTMAS JAM
Strawberries & Cranberries. YUM! Toast, Biscuits, Thumbprints, Waffles, Stir into Yogurt, Desserts
LATEST & GREATEST: CHEESE – NO REFRIGERATION NEEDED
Garlic, Ultra Sharp Cheddar, Green Onion, Smoked Cheddar – Stockings, Travel Snacks, Cheese Trays, Soup & Crackers Companion
Gift Idea #3 – Verse for the Day $14.99
Back again. This a popular gift and stocking stuffer. Daily inspiration you can take with you. See here for more pictures.
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for two weeks – until December 25th
Oven Roasted Chicken
normally $6.99 – now $5.99
normally $8.69 – now $7.69
normally $5.29 – now $4.29
Christmas Candy Cane Bread
Prep time 50 minutes | Rest & Bake time 60 minutes | Serves 12
Homemade pastries come with a long instruction list. But don’t avoid this recipe because of that. It’s really easy to make in steps and looks so beautiful when finished. If you don’t like cherry, use another fruit filling instead. *Make ahead options available.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 c . butter softened*
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
1 T . yeast*
1/4 cup white sugar*
1/2 tsp. salt*
1/4 cup water
1 can cherry pie filling or 1/2 EZ Squeeze – any flavor**
2 cups powdered sugar*
1/3 cup butter, melted*
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla*
2 tablespoons to 4 hot water
*Ingredient available at The Country Cupboard
**EZ Squeeze is pie filling in a pastry bag. It’s easy to use for filling pastries, cupcakes, etc. Choose from: Strawberry, Cherry, Red Raspberry, Apple, Apricot, and Peach.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 15×10 inch rectangle.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet and spoon or squeeze pie filling down the center, about 3″ wide.
- Cut strips down each side of the dough, just to the filling. 3/4″-1″ wide.
- Begin folding sides over each other, alternating left to right. Press down to seal ends.
- You can leave it as is, or shape into a candy cane or wreath.
- Stretch loaf out to about 20″ long and fold down to form candy cane shape.
- Cover and let raise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then drizzle with vanilla glaze.
- Vanilla Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir in water, 1 T. at a time until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm loaf of bread.
To make ahead: Mix and assemble. Either freeze or refrigerate overnight. In the morning, let dough come to room temperature, raise 30 minutes and then bake.