Gift Ideas for Mom: Gift Baskets, Gift Certificates, and Frozen Meals
Win an Outdoor End Table at our Rockin' on the Lawn Party
Need some ideas for Mother’s Day? We have Preassembled Baskets from $31-$41. Give her breakfast, sweet treats, snack bites or a pamper yourself basket. Create your own basket, if you’d rather. Stop in, choose the items and in 10 minutes (or so) we’ll assemble it for just $6 (plus the items).
Gift Certificates are also a great option. Give it to mom with a note you’ll shop with her while she spends it.
Super Easy Frozen Meals Just thaw overnight. Pop in the oven and back for 60-70 minutes. Choose from : Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole (most popular), Homemade Meat Lasagna, and Pizza Casserole. Try our NEW options: Crustless Bacon Breakfast Quiche, Beef Stroganoff with Noodles, Tator Tot Casserole and Zesty Chicken and Rice (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Buttermilk Pancakes are a huge hit lately. How do we know? We see our Buttermilk Pancake mixes just flying out the door. Also my friends have eaten Blueberry Pancakes at their local little diner for the last 9 out of the last 13 Saturday mornings. Join in the hunger for something yummy and make these Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake recipe below.
Rockin’ on the Lawn & Mother’s Day Sale – May 11 & 12
On Friday and Saturday, May 11 & 12 come on out and enjoy snacks, drinks, sitting on our lawn furniture and the sunshine. It’s a great time to enjoy friends, family and doing a little relaxing!
Vote on your favorite/most comfortable piece and on your favorite color combination. A winner will be drawn from each category. Each winner will receive a free end table ($50 value).
Save 10% when you purchase any piece:
Gift Baskets – Make Your Own or Choose from Our Themes (from $31-$41): Breakfast for Mom, Pamper Mom, Make Her Energy Bites, Sweet Treats for Mom, Feel Beautiful
Save 50¢ off Baking Chips. 16 Different Options
Chocolate Chips: Sugar-free, Milk Chocolate, Lily’s, Semi-Sweet Regular, Mini & Teeny Tiny
Carob Unsweetened & Sweetened
Mint Chips, White Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Caramel Bites
Mixes: Fun Flavor, Butter Pecan, Peanut Lovers
Delicious Deli Deals
This sale runs for two weeks – until May 15th
German Bologna – normally $4.29 – now $3.29
Lightning Jack – normally $5.49 – now $5.49
Colby Swiss – normally $5.79 – now $4.79
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Makes 16 medium pancakes
Ready in 30 minutes
Here’s something great for Mom (or for Mom to make for you). The homemade syrup is a bonus, but not necessary.
For the Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup*
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
For the Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes – use the following recipe or use our super popular ButterMilk Pancake Mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons sugar*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 2 large eggs*
- 2-1/4 cups buttermilk (make by using 2 T. lemon juice and 2 cups and 2 T. milk – let curdle)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter*
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla or 1 T. lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Oil, for cooking
For the Blueberry Maple Syrup
- Combine the maple syrup, 1 cup of the blueberries and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and boil for ten minutes. Let the syrup cool to lukewarm, then stir in the remaining 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.
For the Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter. Add in lemon zest or vanilla if desired.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until all of the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix; the batter should be a little lumpy. (Note that the batter will be quite thick; and, as it sits, the leavening will activate and create air bubbles.)
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and coat it with vegetable oil. Drop the batter from a large spoon (about 1/4 cup) and place 6-8 blueberries on each pancake. Cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface starts to bubble around the edges. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. This happens quickly so peek after 30 seconds and watch carefully! Adjust the heat setting if necessary. Wipe the griddle totally clean with a paper towel between batches. Serve immediately with the blueberry maple syrup.
A Peek in the Pantry
Classes at The Country Cupboard
Digest good information and good food. You must preregister. Stop in, email or call to sign up. Space is limited.
*Free Summer Essential Oils Webinars
Register at least 1 day in advance by sending an email here.
-Bye-Bye Bugs: Gardening with Essential Oils
Tuesday, May 22 at 7 pm
Wednesday, May 23 at 10 and 3
-Ease Traveling Troubles with Essential Oils
Tuesday, June 12 at 7 pm
Wednesday, June 13 at 10 and 3
-Picnics: Bug Off and Flavor On with Essential Oils
Wednesday, July 11 at 10 and 3
Thursday, July 12 at 7 pm
-Calm and Comfort Your Pet with Essential Oils
Tuesday, August 7 at 7 pm
Wednesday, August 8 at 10 and 3