It's a Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipe this Week! Learn more about Essential Oils for Moms and Babies this Tues & Wed - right from your own computer. See class schedule below.
Have you been to our Blog lately? I’ve been doing some “behind-the-scenes” work on it. I continue to see an archive full of yummy recipes. My mouth keeps watering. I want to get off my chair and run to the kitchen. Not only is it full of recipes, there’s kitchen tips too. It’s a treasury for anyone who loves food.
Let’s head there right now (www.thecountrycupboard.fairbury.wordpress.com). Try searching for say, Sweet Potato recipes, (some of my favorites, by the way) and you’ll find: Brownies, Fries, Taco Bowl, Creamy Soup and more. Or look up whatever sounds good (desserts, breakfast, snacks, one dish recipes, etc). You won’t lack for ideas.
Do you need ideas for Easter? There’s lots of choices: chocolate, jelly beans, gummis, sour candy. Don’t wait until the last minute! They are hopping away quickly.
Delicious Deli Deals
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter*
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup*
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free (or regular) rolled oats*
- ½ cup chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)* OR make your own chocolate with 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted and 1/2 c. cocoa powder along with sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the peanut butter oat bars: Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a small pan. Whisk together until well mixed. Heat on medium low until tiny bubbles begin to form. Stir constantly.
- Add oats. Stir and fold until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth in an even, tightly-packed layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate layer: Use the double boiler method or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
A Peek in the Pantry
Wednesday, March 21st 10 AM, 3 pm central
***THIS IS A FREE 40 MINUTE WEBINAR CLASS. REGISTER VIA EMAIL AT LEAST ONE DAY IN ADVANCE AT BalmsAndManna@gmail.com.