Tidings of Comfort! Yes, that phrase is more familiar at Christmas, but it’s time once again for comfort foods such as Soup and Hot Drinks – especially Cappuccino.
We’re excited to share our Cappuccino and Soup Mix sections which are fully stocked for the season! Try Cheeseburger, Potato & Bacon, Broccoli Cheese, Taco, Chili, 13 Bean or Harvest soup. Drink up French Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, White Hot Chocolate, Hazelnut or my favorite – Cinnamon Vanilla Nut.
While our Cappuccinos are definitely our specialty, don’t forget Hot Chocolate and Coffee – choose from Regular or Decaf, Whole Bean or Ground and Plain or Flavored.
Bi-Weekly Deli Specials
Donut Day – 9/16
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter, softened*
- 1 cup brown sugar*
- 2 eggs*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 1 cup apple butter*
- ¾ cup milk
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda*
- ½ teaspoon salt*
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon*
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon*
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar*
- 2-3 Tablespoons whipping cream or milk
- 12 Caramel squares*
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 2 minutes, or until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs while beating the batter, each one at a time. Then add the vanilla, apple butter, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, stir the dry ingredients together until fully blended. Add to the wet batter one cup at a time. Mix until combined.
- Measure out into a lined muffin pan, filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until tops are risen and set, and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Blend ingredients together until fluffy and smooth.
- Add more powered sugar, or whipping cream, to achieve your desired consistency.
- Place a frosting tip in a frosting bag, and invert in a cup. Scoop the frosting into the bag.
- Twist the frosting bag to seal, and snip off the edge of the frosting bag. Attach a bag clip, if desired.
- Start frosting your cupcakes by starting in the middle, swirling slowly out while applying even pressure to the frosting bag, and then swirling up and inward to create a dome shape.
- Prepare the caramel sauce while the cupcakes are baking, to allow for it to cool before drizzling.
- Melt the caramel squares in the whipping cream, over medium heat, whisking constantly, until melted. Take off the heat immediately, and allow to cool but not harden before drizzling over the cupcakes.
A Peek in the Pantry
Digest good information and good food. You must preregister. Stop in, email or call to sign up. Space is limited.
Our post popular class! If you haven’t come to this one yet, you don’t want to miss it! A free class to learn how to use the oils you have, incorporate them into a daily routine, dilute oils and make blends.
Cost includes Pain Kit (choice of 2 pain roller blends). Please pay when you register.
Cost is for supplies. Oils not included. Please pay when you register.