Okay, so it’s not a real zoo with live animals, but there are animals here at The Country Cupboard – a lot of them. Some little people helpers (wild animals?) were here this week helping with our zoo. They rearranged and enlarged the farm a bit. Gummi Zoo Buddies (elephants, hippos, lions and giraffes), Sour Pigs and Blue Sharks joined Cows, Butterflies, Gummi Bears and more.
We’re gearing up for Back-to-School snacks. With all that’s happening, you don’t need hungry kids (or a hungry you). We’ve picked out some favorites and some healthy ones, too. Plus, along with snacks, we have vitamins and probiotics for kids. Handouts and info on these products are available or stop in on Fridays and talk to Becky.
The LorAnn Oil flavorings have recently been restocked. These little bottles of Coconut, Caramel, Pear, Mint Chocolate, Peppermint, Strawberry, Green Apple and more are perfect for adding flavor to your chocolate, smoothies, muffins and more. Use 1/4 t. of flavoring to 1 t. of extract. Stop in or call for more flavors and information.
Bi-Weekly Deli Specials
This sale runs until August 15th.
Pork Loin – normally $5.79 – now $4.39
Mild Cheddar – normally $5.39 – now $4.39
Bacon Cheese – normally $5.59 – now $4.59
Don’t Forget – Order Peaches by Saturday
Michigan Freestone Peaches will arrive Saturday, August 19th in the afternoon. We will call you once we know what time they will arrive.
Orders must be placed by Saturday, August 12th.
Call 815.692.3383, email or stop in to order.
Delicious Egg Breakfast Pizza
Ready in 25 minutes. Serves 4-6
Need a new, easy, breakfast idea?
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon slices*
- 1/2 lb cooked mushroom slices (white button or criminal)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar, colby, or mozzarella)*
- 4-8 eggs*
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp of water in it.*
- Salt and Pepper to season*
- 1/4 tsp thyme, dried or fresh leaves to garnish*
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface rollout puff pastry until about 1/8 in thick, approximately 11″ x 13″. Prick all over with a fork or a the pointy end of a knife, leaving a 1″ border. Using a pastry brush, brush border with egg wash (beaten egg with water). Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just starting to brown.
- Top pastry with bacon, mushrooms and cheese creating little areas for the eggs to sit in. Crack eggs on top.
- Season very lightly with salt and with a bit more pepper. Sprinkle thyme all over.
- Bake for 4-8 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft.