Do you ever feel stuck? Stuck in a job, stuck in a phase in life, stuck in traffic, stuck in a challenging situation, stuck writing a weekly email with no ideas, stuck with no ideas of what to cook?
Unfortunately we spend a lot of our life “stuck”. The key to remember is you don’t have to stay stuck. A lot of it is a mind-set. Look for the good in it. For example, if you’re out of ideas for supper – again – drop in The Country Cupboard. We guarantee you’ll have an idea when you leave. In fact, not only will you have an idea, but you’ll have ingredients or possibly the whole meal.
You don’t even have to stop in for a supper idea this week. Check out the recipe below for Super Easy Fast Chicken Nuggets.
Or if you’d rather stop in and pick up a meal, there’s a few choices: Breakfast Casserole, Pizza Casserole, Ham & Pineapple Roll-Ups and Reuben Roll-Ups. Grab some Homemade Macaroni Salad from the deli when you leave.
And as a treat for all that effort, stop by the freezer and grab a Chocolate or Strawberry Fruit Bar – 5 ingredients, healthy, tasty and refreshing.
Delicious Deli Savings
Virginia Ham – normally $5.69 – now $4.69
American Cheese – normally $4.89 – now $3.89
You’ve been asking. We finally have details. Place your order for blueberries today either via phone or email. They will arrive in mid-July.
Indiana berries will be around $2.90 a pound. (Limit 40 pounds). We think we’ll be getting Michigan berries, but will know for sure next week. The cost will be approximately $2.75 a pound.
We also plan to have peaches available later this summer. More details at a later date.
Easy Baked Chicken Nuggets – GF
These are really quick to make and disappear fast too. The kids love them. Plus you can feel good knowing what you are putting into your body and theirs.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
¼ cup flour (for gluten free: almond flour or other gf flour)*
¾ tsp salt*
1 tsp garlic powder*
1 tsp paprika*
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper*
⅛ tsp black pepper*
avocado oil* (or other fat suitable for high heat. Use amount desired. About ¼ cup should be enough.)
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Cut chicken into small chunks, about 1 – 1½ inch chunks. Place in bowl.
- Mix flour with seasonings.
- Sprinkle flour and seasoning mixture over chicken and mix well to coat thoroughly.
- Melt coconut oil. Drizzle over chicken and mix to coat lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven (425 degrees for convection / 450 for conventional) until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 180 degrees (about 10 minutes for a convection oven and 14 for conventional).
1. The smaller you cut the chicken, the faster it will bake. Don’t cut them so small that you have crispy bitty pieces of chicken, but not as big as commercial nuggets.
2. The original recipe recommended a spray bottle for the oil to coat the chicken. By using a solid oil like coconut for this recipe as its smoke point is higher and you will not be creating free radicals by cooking at a high temperature.
3. Experiment with the cayenne and pepper to adjust the “spicy-ness” to your taste.
4. For even faster meal prep, cut up chicken into chunks, coat and store in small plastic bags in the freezer. Just take out of the freezer and bake in the oven for a ready-in-a-flash meal! The chunks will only take about 5 minutes longer to cook.