Anniversaries are happy times. Good food, good memories. Thanks for joining us in our celebration of 4 years.
The Winners in the “Guess How Many” contest are:
Cheesy Pretzels: Molly Rapp
Taffy: Nathan Plenert
M&Ms: Laurie Van Elten
Peanut Butter Buckeyes: Coryne Eimer
Jelly Beans: Janet Schmidgall
Stop in and pick up your jar!
The Dark Chocolate Candies (and a few other sweets) arrived! Stop in and check them out.
Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries
Dark Chocolate Bridge Mix
Double Dipped Dark Chocolate Peanuts
Half Dipped Caramel Peanut Squares
Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
If Dad already has all the hammers and ties he can use, we have Father’s Day gift baskets and ideas.
Delicious Deli Savings
Hard Salami – normally $6.59 – now $5.59
Sharp Cheddar – normally $6.59 – now $4.99
Vanilla Almond Snack Bars
Makes: 12 bars Total time: 10 min + 2 hr to chill
- 1/3 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 1/3 cups whole raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 8 dates, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
*All Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix the honey, vanilla, almond meal, salt, and almond butter together until combined. Fold in the almonds, chopped dates, and sunflower seeds until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. Pack it tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This helps firm up the bars which makes them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars. Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make ahead tip: These bars are freezer friendly. After wrapping individually, freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before enjoying.