“Tis the season for weddings, showers & brunches. Whether for baby, bride, birthday or mom, love is sweet. Celebrate with a Candy Buffet. These days a buffet isn’t just a lot of hot food choices, it’s tons and tons of sweet little choices. Make a fun display full of runts, mints, gummi butterflies, fruit-flavored tootsie rolls, peach rings, jelly beans, chocolate covered raisins and licorice pieces. This is just a small example of what you could use.
Stop by to see more choices and take a peek at our catalog options. Order your candy by the case (usually 10-20 pounds), and save 10%. Please allow 2-4 weeks.
Celebrate Rad Grads!
Delicious Deli Savings
Habanero Jalapeño – normally $8.69 – now $7.69
Braunschweiger – normally $4.69 – now $3.69
All items in the deli are not only available for sample, but also in whatever amount you need from 2 slices to 5+ pounds. Always free slicing.
“For Our Fourth” Anniversary Sale
For moms, grads, or brides-to-be, scones are always yummy. And the strawberries top them off for amazing!
1½ to 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and cut into small pieces
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
⅔ cup milk
1 egg for egg wash
Turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Cut up the strawberries into small pieces and add 1 tbsp of the sugar to them.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder and remaining sugar. Add the butter and using 2 knives or a pastry blender start cutting into the butter. Use your hands if necessary but the mixture needs to resemble small peas.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl and coat them well with the flour mixture. In a small bowl mix the egg and milk together then add to the flour bowl. Using a spatula mix everything well. Add more flour as needed if dough is too wet and sticks to hands too much. Turn dough over onto a floured surface and shape into a round 8 inch ball.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangles, just like you would cut pizza and place the triangles over a cookie tray lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Brush with the egg wash. You may at this point, sprinkle the scones with additional sugar if you wish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.