I was in Oregon recently. I saw several little coffee huts that inspired The Coffee Steamer
. I was served this amazing Fish Stew
(recipe below). I met a few people who raved over The Country Cupboard
sandwiches they had while in IL.
While it was an effort to travel that far, you don’t have to travel far at all to gain the “Oregon benefits”. Swing by The Coffee Steamer, grab a sandwich at The Country Cupboard and make this fish stew recipe below. Then go ahead and share your “travel” stories with us.
The question “how are you” could be answered – gud! The question” what’s new at The Country Cupboard” could be answered in the same way – gud or rather in this case – Gouda! You’ve asked for it and now we have Gouda cheese. You’ve also asked for Raw Milk cheese – so here’s a great combination. If you like cheddar – try this cheese. It’s a little softer, but has a similar taste.
Hard Salami – normally $6.59 – now $5.59
Butter Cheese – normally $5.39 – now $4.39
Oh, my, yummy – especially when served in love! Throw in a little shrimp to add an Oregon twist.
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon ground cumin*
1 tablespoon paprika*
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt*
1 teaspoon ground black pepper*
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil*
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 large onion chopped
4 large bell peppers or red bell peppers, sliced
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk*
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
*Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Stir together the lime juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large ziploc bag or bowl. Add the tilapia and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Quickly fry the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the bell pepper and diced tomatoes to the pot. Pour the coconut milk and chicken broth over the mixture, and stir.
- Add the tilapia. Cover the pot and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cilantro and continue cooking until the tilapia is completely cooked through, another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.