Stop by and check out our Easter candy, chocolate and sprinkles! It’s going fast!
German Bologna– normally $4.29 – now $3.29
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles, if desired
- Sea salt, for sprinkling before baking, if desired
*All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir until flour disappears. Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles, if using.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the top with a little sea salt, if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t over bake, you want the cookie to be slightly gooey. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
- Note-you can use a 10-inch skillet or pie plate. The cookie will be a thicker so you will have to bake it a little longer.
A Peek in the Pantry
Digest good information and good food. You must preregister. Stop in, email or call to sign up. Space is limited.
Thursday, March 30th 6:30 – 7:30 pm
*Using Essential Oils for Natural Solutions