We all like easy, don’t we? Here in America, it’s obvious we do. We have fast food, quick oil changes, instant rebates, baking mixes, frozen pizza, one-click purchases, and microwave meals.
Introducing Simply Meltz Easy – another easy food! This pasteurized cheese spread makes soup and life easy. Just put a slice on your burger, over your potatoes, in a stuffed pepper or into your soup. Maybe you like nacho dip better. Whatever it is – it’s easy. 2 lbs for $5.29
Gummy Bear Heart Cookies
Makes 24 cookies Take 25 minutes
More sweet things this week. After all, it’s almost Valentine’s Day.
1 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
24 gummi bears, cut in half OR 48 tiny gummi bears
*All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg yolk, and mix until smooth. Add the flour and salt, and mix to form a thick dough.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Use your finger to press down twice on each ball, making a heart-shaped indent. Place two gummy bear halves into each indent in a v shape.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are just slightly golden at the bottom and the gummy bears are melty. If the gummy bears do not melt all the way, use a toothpick to gently spread them throughout the indent in the cookie.
- Cool completely before eating.