It Continues to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
I saw a lot of smiling people munching cookies Saturday. Even a reindeer landed in the parking lot (in the form of car turned reindeer). Several musicians shared their talents. Thanks Megan, Haley, Janelle, and Brittney. It was a merry day!
Congratulations to Heidi Endres from Forrest who won the gift basket full of Country Cupboard special items.
Make it a delicious Christmas – plates of homemade cookies, gift baskets full of food or stocking stuffers full of sweets.
Beyond Food: Gift Idea #3 – Cards & Calendars
Bible Verse A Day – King James Scripture and beautiful photography – $13.99
Melt the Heart – $2.89 – beautiful photography, scripture and inside verse.
Prints of Peace – $1.75 – beautiful photography, blank inside
Don’t let the kale scare you. It’s pretty much tasteless, but adds a lot of health benefits.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed*
- 1 – 32 ounces container chicken stock
- 1 – 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans -15.5 ounces each cannellini beans, undrained (I prefer navy beans*)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Rinse the uncooked quniona and add it to a slow cooker along with 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Add in the undrained diced tomatoes and one can of undrained cannellini beans.
- Add minced garlic, chopped yellow onion, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. I typically start with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a blender, combine the remaining 2 cups stock with the remaining can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Wash the kale, and finely chop the kale removing the stems.
- About 15 minutes before ready to serve, add chopped kale and season to taste.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.