What’s on your to-do list for next Monday? Some of us have appointments scheduled, but for the most part the answer is “what I always do on a Monday” or maybe even more common – I haven’t thought that far yet. Break out of the mundane and make life special. Join all the Specialty Shops of Fairbury on Monday November 7th as we Kick-Off-the-Holiday Season with a celebration. While some Shops will be open late, our hours remain the same. Stop in to see our holiday items. Our BIG Christmas Open House will be Saturday, December 3rd with great sales, food and other excitement.
Two Deadline Reminders
The Ship/Take What Favorite Where stories are due today. (But we’ll make exceptions if you submit them by Thursday.)
Be sure to order to Employee Holiday Gifts this week for best selection. If you can’t decide by this week, you may order them throughout the holiday season, but some items may be unavailable.
No Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Serves: 20-30 bites
I couldn’t resist sharing one more pumpkin recipe. Who doesn’t love eating the cookie dough right out of the bowl?
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree*
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
*All ingredients are available at The Country Cupboard except this one.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until you get a thick, caramel-like mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients: coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk until well-incorporated. Continuing whisking until you get a dough-like texture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm up. Remove from freezer. Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls into your hands. Roll and press into bites. Enjoy!