Ooooooh, it’s time to sit down, pour yourself a cup of comfort, and hear what’s new at The Country Cupboard. It’s true. I hear so many people share one of the best things about coffee is taking the time to sit down and relax. I do wonder if that thought could be argued. Maybe some love coffee for the caffeine. No matter why you love coffee, we have THREE reasons to be excited this week! These coffee items just arrived: Tri-Colored Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans, Café Blend Coffee (whole bean or ground) and the long awaited Expresso Blend Coffee (whole bean or ground).
This Week’s Deli Specials
Off the Bone Ham – normally $5.59 – now $4.59
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine the eggs, cashews, milk, honey, and melted coconut oil in a blender. A high-speed blender isn’t necessary, although it will make the process easier. Blend until very smooth and creamy. You may need to stop the blender and push the mixture down the sides a few times to get it all to blend really well.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and coconut flour, then blend again for about a minute until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- If your iron requires oil, spread a little coconut oil on both sides. Pour the batter into the waffle iron so it just covers the bottom portion of the iron, being careful not to overfill it as these do rise quite a bit and will spill over.
- Cook the waffles for about a minute, more or less depending on the heat of your waffle iron. If they release easily with a fork when you open the lid, they are probably done.
- Repeat until the batter has been used up.