Do you like Sweet Summer Surprises? No, not bugs, weeds, or hot muggy days. How about things like splashing in the pool, popsicles and a star-lit walk? Or maybe you are thinking about food. In that case then, we have a sweet summer surprise for you: Lily’s Chocolate bars just arrived! With no sugar at all and four flavors (plain, chocolate, crisp rice and almond), you’ll find one to love. Those Trim Healthy Mamas out love these, but so do those who are watching their sugar.
As always, please ask for those items you are looking for. Most likely if you are looking for them, someone else is too. We are here to serve you.
The Indiana blueberries are arriving this Thursday, the 14th. Michigan blueberries will be arriving next week (not sure yet on the date). We are still taking orders for Michigan berries; please contact us this week.
Blueberry Zucchini Snack Cake with Lemon Buttercream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil*
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini*
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pint blueberries (tossed in 1 tsp flour)
- 1 cup butter, (2 sticks, 8 ounces) at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- juice of one lemon*
*Ingredients not available at The Country Cupboard
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan.
- Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Fold in the zucchini.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to combine. Slowly add it to the wet mixture, mixing just enough to blend.
- Fold in the blueberries, and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, just until the top is turning golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, put the softened butter into the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy. Add the sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time, processing till smooth after each addition. After the second cup of sugar add in the lemon juice. Scrape down the sides of the machine as necessary. Adjust the texture by adding a little more lemon or a little more sugar.
- Frost the cooled cake and store in the refrigerator.