If July 4th is right around the corner, blueberries are right around the next corner. Yes, it’s time! Place your order for blueberries today. They will arrive in mid-July. Michigan berries will be approximately $2.50 a pound. Indiana berries will be around $2.90 a pound. (Limit 40 pounds for IN berries). We also plan to have peaches available later this summer. More details at a later date.
So almost everyone loves bacon, right? And because of that you can find almost anything bacon these days even at The Country Cupboard! While we do have Bacon Cheese and Bacon and Onion Dip Mix, we also have the real thing…and lots of it. We have Thick Cut Bacon, Peppered Bacon, and Plain Ol’ Bacon – all from local farmers. It’s amazing too! So with that, grab some bacon and make the dip recipe below. Use Locally Grown Non-gmo Sweetcorn in your dip too, also available at The Country Cupboard. (Yellow or Bi-color available).
Spicy Bacon and Corn Dip
This is great summer comfort food.
- 8 strips bacon*
- Two (11 oz) cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained or 1 1/2 pkgs*
- One jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (if you can’t have dairy or don’t like cream cheese, try replacing it with firm tofu)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
- Dash of cayenne pepper*
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- *Ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a cast iron or ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of the grease remaining in the pan. Use the bacon grease to grease the pan and add more bacon flavor to the dip. Crumble the bacon.
- Combine the corn, jalapeno, cream cheese, mozzarella, salt, cayenne, half of the bacon, and half of the basil.
- Scoop into the skillet and bake for 20 minutes. (Only if the skillet is oven proof, otherwise use a baking dish)
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and basil, and Parmesan cheese to taste. Serve immediately.