I can already tell school’s out. Happy little smiles are coming through our door. Today we had 3 little people dumping out their money bags full of quarters for their sweet treats.
For a quick and easy summer: The Country Cupboard’s delicious homemade Amish Macaroni Salad – available again for the season! For more help for a easier summer, check out this link for 21 slow cooker recipes. It’s more than stew and soup.
Do you tend to get the travel munchies while driving? We are your vacation snack headquarters. Gummis, chocolate covered almonds, cheesy snack mixes and more. Don’t forget to treat yourself before you travel.
Cold summer treats – frozen fruit bars and ice cream bars – coming soon. Watch for more details next week.
Don’t forget: This Friday and Saturday, June 3 & 4 from 10-2 (and then again from 4:30-6 on Friday) we will be serving fresh, hot, sizzling $2 hamburgers ($2.25 cheeseburgers). Choose the Meal Deal (burger, chips or macaroni salad, cookie and drink) for $4. Grab it to go or enjoy the food here. Free popcorn, prizes, and animal balloons. Don’t miss it!
Sale prices are for June 3 & 4 only!
BIG Deli Sale
-Marble (Co-Jack) – $3.99
-Muenster – $2.59 – 50% savings!
-Swiss Cut (the big hole cheese) – $4.99
-Smoked Cheddar – $4.99
-Off the Bone Ham – $2.99 – 50% savings
-Hard Salami – $4.59
-Smoked Pork Loin – $3.99
Sample & Save $1 off on bags of Sesame Sticks
(normally $3, now $2)
Black Bean (Gluten-Free)
Save 75¢ on Rubs
(normally $3.59, now $2.84)
Sample & Save 75¢ on Pappy’s Iced Tea
(normally $2.99, now $2.24)
Smoked & Pickled Eggs – take $1.50 off a quart
(normally $7.39, now $5.89)
Smoked & Pickled
While supplies last.
Strawberry Crumb Bars
Strawberry season is here and it’s time for not only an amazing looking dessert, but a delicious one too. You supply the strawberries, we have the rest.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Either grease with butter and flour, or spray with baking spray, an 8×8 inch pan, or place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Chop the strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch. Stir in the strawberries. Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown. (My oven runs hot and baked in about 38 minutes.)
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Refrigerate until ready to serve.