It’s summer, right? (Well, it’s supposed to be summer.) The kids are almost done with school; Memorial Day is almost here. Fresh asparagus, salads and strawberries are popping up all over. Yes, it’s summer, even if it took a while to get here. Somehow, when the warmer weather stays, we’ll be more thankful, I think.
Anyway, back to Memorial Day and salads. As the grilling season starts, don’t forget we have great Hamburger Patties, Rubs, Seasonings, Sauces, Macaroni Salad Mix and other Dip Mixes. New this year is Pork Patties for grilling. Another new item is Bragg’s Salad Dressing. Made with that good-for-you Apple Cider Vinegar, choose from Sesame & Ginger, Vinaigrette or Braggberry (Raspberry, Blueberry, Acai and Goji berry).
Preview the “Three-rific Years” Sale & Cook-Out – held June 3 & 4
On Friday and Saturday, June 3 & 4 from 10-2 (and then again from 4:30-6 on Friday) we will be serving fresh, hot, sizzling $2 hamburgers ($2.25 cheeseburgers). Choose the Meal Deal (burger, chips or macaroni salad, cookie and drink) for $4. Grab it to go or enjoy the food here. Free popcorn, prizes, and animal balloons. Don’t miss it!
Sale prices are for June 3 & 4 only!
BIG Deli Sale
-Marble (Co-Jack) – $3.99
-Muenster – $2.59 – 50% savings!
-Swiss Cut (the big hole cheese) – $4.99
-Smoked Cheddar – $4.99
-Off the Bone Ham – $2.99 – 50% savings
-Hard Salami – $4.59
-Smoked Pork Loin – $3.99
Sample & Save $1 off on bags of Sesame Sticks
(normally $3, now $2)
Black Bean (Gluten-Free)
Save 75¢ on Rubs
(normally $3.59, now $2.84)
Sample & Save 75¢ on Pappy’s Iced Tea
(normally $2.99, now $2.24)
Smoked & Pickled Eggs – take $1.50 off a quart
(normally $7.39, now $5.89)
Smoked & Pickled
While supplies last.
English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas
We like to freeze these for a super, easy breakfast option. If you don’t want to make the gravy “from scratch”, we have a quick and easy gravy mix.
- 1 package of English Muffins
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 1lb breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sausage drippings (can use butter if you don’t have enough drippings)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard except milk and English muffins.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the breakfast sausage and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and pour off all but about ¼ cup of the grease.
- Whisk the flour into the reserved meat drippings. Cook for 5 minutes while whisking over medium heat. Slowly add milk, a little at a time while whisking. Cook until the gravy boils and thickens.
- Split the English muffins and lightly toast them in a toaster while you are making the gravy.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Pour in the eggs and let them sit until they begin to set around the edges, about 1-2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, push the eggs from the edges to the center. Let sit again for about 20 seconds, then repeat pushing the eggs to the center every 30 seconds until they are scrambled, a total coking time of about 5 minutes.
- (If you want to freeze them, don’t do this step). Turn on the oven broiler on high and add the toasted English muffins to a baking sheet.
- Spread a layer of sausage gravy onto the toasted English muffins and top with scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage. (Freeze on a flat cookie sheet and then transfer to a freezer zipper bag).
- Toast under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.