I’ve seen some happy helpers at The Country Cupboard recently. These helpers bring joy whenever they arrive. Part of the joy is the little grins on their faces. I think those grins come from the little snacks and treats they know they will get if they ask. Maybe the grins come from being helpers, too. Whatever it is, may you have some little grinning “stars” in your life to brighten your day.
We’re gearing up for a sweet Memorial Day. Gummi Stars, Gummi Freedom Bears, Red, White and Blue Sprinkles or Patriotic Pretzels will make your holiday more special. Stop by to see our selection.
Another “Mama” Product
For those “Trim Healthy Mama’s” out there, we now carry Golden Flax Meal. What that means is you can make your own “Baking Blend” by mixing Golden Flax Meal, Coconut Flour and Almond Flour. All of these products are available at The Country Cupboard.
If you are not a THM and are baking with flax meal, Golden Flax Meal is not as dense and therefore makes your baked item “fluffier”. The nutrition is the same no matter if you use Brown or Golden.
No Bake Cherry Swiss Rolls Cake
Doesn’t this look amazing? It’s amazingly easy too!
- Spread 3 Tablespoons of Cool Whip on the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Spray the ring with non-stick spray and place parchment paper on the sides. Lock the bottom and sides of the pan together.
- Cut each individual Swiss Roll into 6 slices. Place some of the Swiss Rolls standing up along the bottom of the pan, so that the frosting center is along the outside rim of the pan. Fill in the bottom of the pan with more rolls laying flat to create a “crust”.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, and beat it again until it is smooth.
- Add 1 cup cherry pie filling to the mixture and beat it again until it is mixed together and the cherries are broken apart.
- Fold in 2 ½ cups of the Cool Whip gently.
- Spoon half of the mousse into the prepared pan and spread it out.
- Place another ring of Swiss Rolls on the outside of the pan standing up along the rim, and then fill in the center with a layer of rolls laying down.
- Spread the remaining mousse on top, and then place a layer of Swiss Rolls laying flat over the entire top.
- Spread 1 cup Cool Whip over the top of everything. Refrigerate a few hours or until set up.
- Swirl the remaining Cool Whip around the top of the cake. Fill the center with the remaining pie filling. Top every other swirl with the leftover Swiss Roll circles.
*Did you know we have pie filling in easy to squeeze tubes? You can find cherry, red or black raspberry, apricot, strawberry, lemon and cream cheese flavors.
*New Item: Powdered Whipped Topping – mix together 1/2 c. milk and 1/2 c. mix. Whip on high until soft peaks form. A quick, easy way for whipped topping.