My 4-year-old nephew called recently to tell Grandpa he was hiding behind the couch at Grandpa’s and asked when he would be home from the store. The little guy couldn’t wait to be found. It brought a huge grin to my face when I heard it. There are no secrets with little people.
This week we’re thinking about favorites. There’s no secrets here either. The two most popular items here right now are Assorted Dehydrated Marshmallows (think Lucky Charm marshmallows) and Mini Animal Crackers. And no wonder – their littleness is perfect for little people (and big people alike). Stop by to seek them. They aren’t hiding at all!
Favorite Food: Mac N Cheese – Dump and Bake Overnight
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- ¼ stick butter (2 tablespoons), diced into small cubes
- 16 ounces cheese, shredded (mild cheddar cheese is great, but you can also use a blend of cheddar and muenster, mozzarella, or your other favorite cheeses)*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish. Spread half of pasta in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with half of cheese, dot with half of the butter, and sprinkle with half of the salt. Repeat layers using the remaining pasta, remaining cheese, remaining butter, and remaining salt. Pour milk evenly over pasta, cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for approximately 24 hours.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes. Remove foil during the final 10 minutes to allow top to brown.