Let’s talk about what’s new at The Country Cupboard. There’s no new faces or automatic checkout, but we do have new gravel on the driveway (yay!) and a few new items to share this week.
Over there in the spotlight is: Chocolate Chip Almond Energy Chunks. Made without any sugar, this little bite is perfect for a healthy, easy, on-the-go snack. It’s friend, Chia Orange Energy Chunks, is joining the line up too. Picture is below.
Still just as exciting and new are: Tarragon, Corn Grits/Polenta (gluten-free), Exotic Rice Mix (Long Grain Brown Rice, Red Rice, Premium Wild Rice, Organic Brown Basmati Rice) and Quinoa Pilaf. Stop in and see all the “New Item” signs hanging under them.
And the Winner is…
Swiss ‘N Rye Cheese was voted most popular cheese for 2016’s Annual Cheese Tasting Day. Chuck Moody voted for Swiss ‘N Rye and won a free pound of it. Congratulations!
Thanks to all who joined us for our fun tasty cheesy day. And thank you to those who told their friends about it too. The other popular cheeses were: Blueberry Cheddar and Green Onion. We also noticed you really like smoked cheese and hot cheese. We’ll take note of that and hope to offer these in the future.
Quick and easy protein and fiber packed pizza. Plan ahead, it does need to soak overnight.
All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard.
- ¾ c. quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ c. water
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 T. oil (olive or coconut oil work well)
- Rinse the quinoa VERY WELL.
- Place the rinsed quinoa in a bowl and cover it with water (about one inch above where the quinoa sits).
- Let the quinoa soak overnight (at least eight hours).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and RINSE the quinoa VERY WELL again.
- Place the drained and rinsed quinoa into a food processor along with the water, salt, and baking powder.
- Process the mix for about two minutes until it is smooth in consistency.
- Line an 8- or 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. (You can just place the cake pan on top of the parchment paper, draw an outline of it, cut it out, and place it into the cake pan.)
- Pour the oil into the pan atop the parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan atop the oil, smoothing it out evenly.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Carefully flip the crust over, and bake it for another five minutes.
- Top the pizza as desired.
- Bake the pizza for another 5-10 minutes until your toppings have cooked through.
- Cool, cut, and serve!