The excitement of Christmas is still in the air. Busy, happy people oooohing and aaaaahing over delicious food and fun ideas. It’s been a great month of fun.
And to keep the fun going, we’re announcing the arrival of two new exciting items: circus peanuts and whale-shaped cheddar crackers.
We will you a very blessed Christmas! We will be closing at 3 on Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve and will be closed on Christmas & New Year’s Day.
Gluten/Allergy Free Day – January 16
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
It’s buttery and crunchy, like a traditional brittle, but it tastes like a cookie. Plus with ingredients you have on hand, it’s a great Christmas gathering activity.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter, vanilla, and salt in a large stand mixer bowl.
- Gradually beat in the sugar. Add the flour and chocolate chips.
- Mix well (mixture may be crumbly at first, but continue to mix and it will form a dough).
- Press evenly into a 10×15 inch ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once cooled, break into irregular pieces and serve.