Don’t forget about our Black Friday Sale on Honey Ham, Pepper Jack, Candy Blox and Dark Chocolate Almonds (details below).
Let us make your Christmas cookies for you. Order a plate or tray, assorted or just one kind. No matter your choice. They are delicious!
Our Deli Specials – Save $1 per Pound
Honey Ham – $2.99 (normally $5.69)
Pepper Jack – $3.79 (normally $5.49)
Candy Blox (lego blocks) – $1.50 off/bag
Dark Choc Almonds – $2 off/bag
(8 am until supplies last)Christmas Open House
Saturday, December 5th
LIVE Music throughout the day!
Deli items – up to 50% off
Meat/Cheese Trays – place order (for later pickup) – $10 assembly fee is waved
Christmas Gift Baskets – purchase one and get a $5 gift certificate for you or someone else
Nut Thin crackers – 2 for $4 (regular $2.99)
Snack Mixes (S’mores, Cheddar Lovers, Fruit ‘n Fitness and more) – buy 1, get 1 50% off.
Cookies (Lemon, Chocolate, and Coconut) – 2 for $4 (regular $2.59)
Enjoy Christmas cookies, drinks and other samples.
Homemade Milano Cookies – 23 cookies
Here’s a great Christmas cookie idea!
All ingredients available at The Country Cupboard except unsalted butter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar on high, scraping down bowl as needed, until light and fluffy, 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat to combine. Add egg and beat to combine. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Transfer dough to a quart-size zip-top bag; with scissors, snip a 3/4-inch hole in one corner. Pipe 54 cookies (3/4 by 2 inches), 1/2 inch apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets*.
- Chill until firm, 20 minutes.
- Bake until cookies are light golden at edges, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer immediately to wire racks and let cool.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted, 2 minutes. Remove bowl from pan. **
- In another medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, peppermint extract, and 3- 4 teaspoons water. With a small offset spatula or table knife, spread chocolate on flat side of half the cookies and mint glaze on the other half. Sandwich cookie halves together.
*If your dough is way too thick to pipe, hand rolling them.
** Save your extra chocolate and serve on the side for dipping!