It’s not quite time to say “Merry Christmas” yet, but if you are an employer and want your employees to have a happy holiday season, it’s time to start thinking about how you will accomplish that. We make happy employees here at The Country Cupboard. No, not like we make cookies, sweet rolls or sandwiches. Maybe I should say we have what it takes to make happy employees. Do you like cappuccino, yogurt covered pretzels, sugar cookie bites, and chocolate covered mints? Your employees do, too! Put all these items together in a cute little box. Customize the items. Choose a small box or big one. Add coffee and gummies. However you do it, you have one happy employee and one easy Christmas gift. Order your boxes by 10/31 for the best selection. Stop in or call to learn more.
Our Weekly Meat & Cheese Specials
Christmas Open House is Coming
Skinny Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – 12 rolls
If you could smell what I do right now, you’d be reaching for the ingredients to make these. Don’t be afraid to use yeast, it’s super easy when you have a Kitchen Aid or Bosch mixer.
All ingredients except pumpkin and milk available at The Country Cupboard
- To prepare the buns, dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour, pumpkin, and next 5 ingredients (pumpkin through nutmeg); beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of the remaining ¾ cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into the dough. If an indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll the dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up the rectangle tightly, starting with a long edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices in a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake the rolls at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and vanilla extract in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over buns. Serve warm.
wwp+ per cinnamon roll = 6
A Peek in the Pantry
Digest good information and good food. Stop in, email or call to sign up. Space is limited.
*Detox and Weight Loss
Thursday, October 29, 7-8pm