I know there are some of you out there who don’t like chocolate. That’s hard to understand, because I LOVE chocolate. Come in and see our chocolate stash display which is filled with chocolate covered cashews, double dip peanuts and chocolate caramel peanut clusters. Are you allergic to dairy or soy? It’s easy to make your own chocolate! Melt a 1/2 c. coconut oil on a very low temp. Stir in a 1/2 c. of cocoa powder and some sweetener (sugar, honey, stevia, etc). Pour into a container and keep in the refrigerator or freezer. You can add dried fruit or nuts or flavorings, also. Are sensitive to caffeine? Carob powder is a great substitute for cocoa power. It’s sweet, has a similar taste, but contains no caffeine.
So for those of you who don’t love chocolate or for those who love twists, here’s some great news! Buy any bag of twists and get the second one 50% off! Mix and match with these flavors and types: cinnamon, watermelon, grape, green apple, root beer, black, red raspberry, assorted, rainbow laces, strawberry licorice wheels, licorice all-sorts (licorice + coconut), and red or black Australian style licorice.
Off the Bone Ham – normally $5.99 – now $4.49
Oven Roasted Chicken – normally $6.49 – now $5.49
50 individually wrapped caramels*
2 Tbsp. milk
1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips*
1½ cups milk chocolate chips*
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
pinch of salt*
1½ cups roughly chopped pecans*
1½ tsp. vanilla extract*
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper with ends of parchment paper extending over the sides of the pan.
- Spray parchment paper lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a microwavable bowl on high for two minutes or until caramel is completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds until well blended.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in one cup of the pecans and the vanilla.
- Pour half of the fudge mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour the warm caramel over the fudge mixture, then pour the remaining fudge on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Use the sides of the parchment paper to remove fudge from the pan.
- Cut into squares.