What’s happening at The Country Cupboard lately? The blueberries have arrived; the peaches will be coming later in August (see below). There’s an essential oil class coming up next week (see below). We now have glass water bottles and glass roller bottles and other essential oil supplies. We’re hearing some amazing reviews from the little coffee shop in Forrest called The Coffee Steamer (located right across from the gas station). Stop in and share what’s happening in your life.
Anyone still have the munchies even after vacation is over? We have a great selection of snacks. Choose from Cheese Balls, Cheese Curls, Gluten-Free Pretzels, Veggie Chips (plain and ranch), Salty Sticks, Kettle Corn, Party Mix, Caramel Puffcorn, Sweet Potato Chips, Black Bean Chips, Kettle Chips, Cinnamon Twists (churros), and Cocktail Mix. This week only save 75¢ off on bags of Prepacked (not bulk) Snacks.
Weekly Meat & Cheese Specials – save $1!
A Peek in the Pantry
1 large zucchini
1 TBS taco seasoning
Coconut Oil for frying
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips using a mandolin
- Place slices in colander over the sink and sprinkle with lots of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes then press out water.
- Heat the oil in a fryer or pan to 350 degrees F.
- Drop the sliced zucchini into the hot oil. Working in batches of about 20 chips at a time.
- Once the zucchini turn golden brown, remove from fryer and place onto paper towel.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and enjoy!