Christmas Shop, Stock, Stuff & Save
With your Christmas baking well underway, it’s time to start thinking about Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. We’re going to share some ideas with you. Not only do we have ideas & tips, we have sales to go along with them. This week, buy one jar of salsa at $4.79, get the second one 1/2 off. Mix and match between mild, hot, peach or black bean and corn. Buy them all and let us know your favorite. I think the black bean is delicious. Try it with our black bean tortilla chips!
Have you tried strawberry syrup? It’s delicious on pancakes, french toast (see recipe below), in smoothies and even in hot chocolate. You’ll like it, but it also it perfect for a gift or stocking stuffer. This week, save $1 off one bottle of syrup.
Scoops of News
Does this look delicious? We think so! Chocolate fudge has joined our fudge line-up of peanut butter, turtle, and chocolate peanut butter fudge.
10-12 slices day old Challah, French, Italian or any other bread good for French Toast
12 oz light cream cheese
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups sliced strawberries
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in 1 egg and lemon juice until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Whisk together 10 eggs, milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Spread bread with cream cheese mixture. Layer on sliced strawberries. Place another slice of bread on top to create a sandwich. Repeat for all slices of bread.
- Cut into cubes and place approximately two-thirds of the sandwich cubes into baking dish.
- Top with remaining strawberries and drizzle remaining cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Place remaining sandwich cubes on top.
- Finally, pour egg mixture over the top.
- Press down lightly and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Remove from refrigerator and let rest while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 25-35 minutes or until the surface is golden and the center is set.
- Serve with strawberry syrup or additional fresh strawberries and whipped cream.