What’s So Great about Apple Cider Vinegar?
Recently someone dropped off a list of the top uses for apple cider vinegar. Then as I was searching for some recipe ideas I came across another list. This vinegar is so useful that I wanted to share my new-found information with you.
20 Great Reasons to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Antibacterial (kills bad breath and eliminates overgrowth of bacteria in the throat that may cause illness such as tonsillitis or strep throat)
2. Anti-inflammatory (dab on inflamed skin such as that caused by eczema, psoriasis, acne, or similar ailments for temporary relief from pain and itching. While it will probably hurt more initially, you can also apply ACV to insect bites and stings to neutralize pain and itching.)
3. Regulates Digestion
4. Normalizes Blood-glucose Levels
5. Balances Hormones
6. Controls Hunger and Cravings
7. Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure
8. Relieves Sinus Pressure and Allergies
9. Insect Repellent (Add two tablespoons each of dried sage, rosemary, lavender, thyme, and mint to 32 oz of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. Seal tightly and leave the mixture in a visible location. Shake well once per day for three weeks. At the end of the third week, strain the plant matter from your herb-infused ACV. Fill glass storage containers or spray bottles with half ACV mixture and half water. Shake before each use, spray on skin, and let dry.)
10. Dissolves Kidney Stones
11. Detoxifies the Body
12. Regulates pH Balance in the Body
13. Aids with Nausea
14. Relieves Heartburn
15. Helps Relieve Migraines
15. Kills Cancer or Slows Growth
16. Reduces Inflammation, Relieves Arthritis
17. Gets Rid of Fingernail/Toenail Fungus
18. Gets Rid of Warts (put some on a band-aid and cover wart – you should see a change after 1 week)
19. Clears Skin
20. Gets Rid of Buildup on Scalp
How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar (without gagging!)
Here are four options:
1. 1 T. ACV, 8 oz water, 5-10 drops of liquid stevia (vanilla or other flavor)
2. 1 T. ACV, 6 oz water, 2 oz cranberry juice, splash of lime juice
3. 1 T. ACV, 6 oz water, 2 oz apple juice, dash of cinnamon
4. 2 T. ACV, 20 oz water, 1/4 t. coconut extract, 1/4 t. banana extract, 1/4 t. orange extract, ice, sweetener to taste – drink 8 oz., save rest for another day
All that said – it is important to use raw apple cider vinegar or ACV with Mother. We have two sizes available at The Country Cupboard. Extracts and stevia are also available.
This is a favorite of ours and has been a big hit with others.
2 cans corn, drained
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 c. mayo
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
5 oz. chili cheese flavored corn chips*
*Substitute Doritos, regular corn chips, or our new seasoned tortilla chips if you wish.
Mix all the ingredients except the chips; chill. Stir in chips just before serving. Makes 10-12 servings.
A great way to use extra zucchini. We tried this last year and love it with ham salad.
12 c. shredded zucchini
4 c. onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/3 c. non-iodized salt
2 1/2 c. vinegar
5 c. sugar
3/4 t. turmeric
1 t. dry mustard
1 1/2 t. celery seed
1/2 t. pepper
Grind vegetables, mix with salt, chill overnight, then rinse. Combine remaining ingredients. Cook for 30 minutes or until thickened. Put in hot jars. Process in hot water bath for 30 minutes.
We’ve had enough interest in peaches to get more in. They will arrive sometime after Wednesday, August 6th. We will update you when we know more. If you’d like to order, please contact us by Wednesday, July 30th. They are 10 pounds for $18.50 or 25 pounds for $37.50.
The Good News & The Bad News
First the good news…cheese prices are coming down! You’ve probably noticed they have been trending up recently. We’re excited to say they have dropped and will continue to do so. BUT as we’re sure you’ve heard, beef and pork prices are going the other way. We’ll do what we can to give you the best price possible on everything in our deli. Also, Corned Beef is back in stock for a limited time. Stop by, pick up some today, and have Reuben Sandwiches for supper tonight.
Meat & Cheese $ale
Marble (Co-Jack) Cheese- normally – $5.49 – now $4.79
Honey Roasted Turkey – normally – $6.19 – now $5.29