It might not be the dog days of summer anymore, but Monday, August 26th is National Dog day. Now what would a store with an outdoor cat named Dolly do for National Dog day? Share some creative ideas for Puppy Chow, of course!
Lemon Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies) (gluten and peanut free)
10 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups lemon chip drops (available at The Country Cupboard)
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (available at The Country Cupboard)
1. Place cereal in a large bowl.
2. In a microwave proof bowl place lemon chips, butter, and lemon juice.
3. Melt and stir until smooth.
4. Pour over cereal and gently fold until covered.
5. Pour powdered sugar over the cereal and gently stir. (You can also use plastic bags and shake to cover the cereal in sugar.)
6. Dump onto cookie sheets and let cool.
Cake Batter Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies)
5 c chex (rice cereal)
1 1/4 c. (0.625 lb) white chocolate chips or disks (available at The Country Cupboard)
1 1/2 c yellow cake mix
1/2 c powdered sugar (available at The Country Cupboard)
1/2 c sprinkles (available at The Country Cupboard)
1. Pour 5 cups of Chex (rice cereal) into a large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate in the medium sized saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate is fully melted and there is no more lumps.
3. Pour chocolate onto the Chex cereal. Stir it in gently, trying not to break the cereal.
4. Add sprinkles.
5. Put cake mix and powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag.
6. Add the cereal and almond bark mix into the bag, with the cake mix and powdered sugar.
7. Shake gently until the cereal is fully covered.